CC CLeaner results (was: code 43/P0307 thread)

Page 1 of 2
Miracle stuff.
Probably premature to jump for joy, but I did the CC cleaner today and after a 4-hr soak ran the piss out of it. No skeeters for miles... ;)
Initially after first start-up and several hard revs while belching clouds of blue smoke we picked up a whole host of new codes; P0300, P0306, P0308, Jeeze.
By the way, the engine really sounds neat with the air cleaner off. WHOUMPA..WHOUMPA... (racecar!)
Put the air cleaner back on and took it out on the tollway for a 25-mile hard run, $4 bux worth of tolls and multiple WOT upshifts >>BSEG<<
Came back into town on the side streets w/multiple stoplights, heavy slow traffic with lots of idling waiting for lights to change, etc. NO CODES!
Praise the lord and pass the beer. Arguably too soon to say for sure, but it looks promising. The truck certainly seems to be running better.
Film at 11.
how much does this miracle marvel snake juice Mopar CC cleaner cost? I have a 97 with 115000 on it and idles kinda rough. (lots of skeeter here two so it could serve 2 purposes)
-Jerry

Having to go out of my way as I did, I grabbed 2 cans. I believe I paid $5.75 a can + close to a buck in sales tax. (Welcome to Texas) However, as long as 1 seems to have done the trick, the 2nd can will go into the flammables storage cabinet for another day.
Mine too is a '97 5.2 L CC/SLT pickup, but only 80,500 miles on her. Anyone know when we should do the timing belt? Also is the engine interference or non-interference?

no belt on the V8. A chain. Not sure when but I am one who usually waits till it jumps teeth. I am bad that way. Not sure on the interference part but the older ones were not. has this changed in these "newer" 318/360s?
-Jerry

Nope
On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 02:56:21 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@dodgecity.cc wrote:

' Put over 200K on my first engine and never changed the belt.
beekeep
These engines have a timing chain, not belt. It is possible to foul the valvetrain if the chain lets go. However, replacing it at about 100k will avoid the problem, and may even return performance to "like new" levels.
--
Max

Followup day one.
I put approx 66 miles on the truck today. No, not much but unusual for me since my normal daily commute averages 45 miles round trip. Drove over city streets inbound at 6AM. Not much traffic at that hour but still several traffic lights to sit at, 35 in all by actual count. Fortunately we made it through at least 2/3 of those on green. Sitting at the few traffic lights I did manage to catch, the truck felt like it was idling quite smoothly, essentially like new.
Went out at lunch and drove downtown into the heart of the city to meet a SWBell fiber tech at another office. An hour later, back to my office.
Drove home tonight via the tollway because city driving at 4:30 PM in Houston is maddening and I'm already on blood pressure medication. The last 3 miles between the exit ramp and my driveway was over city streets and 4 lights, all red of course.
Back home I'm most pleased to report the OBDII tool reports "PASS" (no codes)
Wheeeeeeee!!
I have not replaced the plugs yet or changed the oil. Project for this weekend.
Question time: The lazy/cheap me wants to know, since the current plugs have less than 5,000 miles on them, is it still recommended or necessary to replace them anyway post CC cleaner application even tho I'm not currently experiencing any more drivability problems or misfires?
Thanks!!

Dear Lazy/Cheap:
Since you have gotten away with the "old" plugs this long, why not try your luck a little longer? I would pull out an "easy" one and take a peek at it though. If it looks good, leave 'em in.
Mike

Go down 225 to pasadena. They tore the damn freeway up, literally, and havent been back out for over 2 weeks now to repave it. I almost wrecked my car twice now and have to go the long way (BW8) around to work. I have been getting a P0302 error (cylinder 2) for 3 years now on my '99 4x4 360. I have replaced everything from the plug to the rotor and it never clears. I had the injectors flushed and it left for 200 miles then came back so I am trying the CC cleaner this weekend. I even replaced the injector, no change. Was about to pay a damn dealer to fix so I am glad I read about this.

Well, "if" it works for you, you can thank a "damn dealer" for the suggestion.....
;^)
Mike

Read the whole thing, couldn't find anything about work gloves being purchased. I'm pleased to see my tax dollars are being put to good use, supporting pretty young girls! Thanks Bush!

After what those folks down in NO went through I don't mind buying them a beer or two.
Roy
If it does i will! There are only 2 dealerships I trust here in Houston and neither is Dodge, unfortunately. I never doubted they had the knowledge, i just can't stand the markup they charge for simple services and their refusal to give an honest answer, even if its "I dont know".

me
Fortunately
had

I've had good results at Archer Dodge on the SW Fwy. They're not exactly on my beaten trail, but the two times I've had my truck in to them they took care of the problem w/minimal hassle. I also bought it from them.
writes:

and
they
even
I might give them a shot at it if the cleaner doesnt work.
Well, bad news.
The success earlier reported following the CC Cleaner treatment was short-lived.
However, symptoms =HAVE IMPROVED= slightly. Now the code 43 (P0307 - cyl #7 misfire) no longer occurs immediately following a reset. I can actually go a day or two, but it =DOES= come back and still P0307. Rats!
I'm not sure what that's telling me. I'm thinking about attempting a second treatment and let it sit and soak a while longer (overnight).
If it weren't for the hurricane bearing down on us, I do it today. As it is I think I need to leave the truck alone and conserve every drop of that nearly full tank of gas.
I'm also becoming inclined to replace the #7 injector. With sales tax it's right at $100 bucks for me to do it, vs what probably would turn out to be a $200 job at the dealer. Still and all, I'm well over a hundred bux into this already.
writes:

And I thought we got lucky for once....... Before buying a new injector, try moving #7 injector to #5 and run it awhile till the fault comes back. If the fault moves to #5 cyl you know you have a bad injector. If it stays on #7 you saved a hundred bucks and eliminated a possibility. I still have a sneaky feeling a valve is sticking in the guide at times causing the fault.
Denny

Thanks Denny.
Just keep in mind that it only happens at low RPM, either decel from 30 mph to a stop and/or else sitting at a light idling in gear.
Sitting in the shop idling in gear we could see multiple misfires counting up always on #7. Raise RPM above 900~1000 and the misfires stop.
The injector swap is about the last card in my deck. It's just been too freakin' hot to work on it. It was 100 degrees Wednesday, 98 yesterday and 97 today. Maybe the hurricane will cool things off for a while.
writes:

Refresh my memory a bit, does this only happen after the engine is warmed up? Have you taken a compression check with the engine hot and after cooled off??
Denny