Cerberus to buy Chrysler?

Very interesting ... Chrysler ... an American owned and American made car? Maybe ... Hopefully ...

Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

I don't know if how much of that is credible. The article says that this company owns Vanguard, which owns National and Alamo car rental. I know that is not correct because Enterprise Rent a Car recently bought those. If there is a mistake like that, who knows what other shoddy reporting there is. Besides it's from CNN. not the most reliable news source anyway.

Reply to
Allyn Adair

The CEO of Cerberus was interviewed and stated that Cerberus was interested in Chrysler. Other details about Cerberus' holdings are irrelevent.

My point was that it would be nice if Chrysler, a historically U.S. automobile company, was actually owned by a U.S. company and monies generated stayed in the U.S. A concept that is amazingly "foreign" nowadays.

Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

It would be good for Chysler to break from current owner but this potentail partner is not their answer. They would likely "raid" their assest in time and kill of the automaker. Chyslers best long term hope may be a employee by out but that is not very likely either. It was a mistake for chysler to enter into its current "partnership"

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Not necessarily. Not all private equity buy-outs are rape jobs.

I tend to agree. There is a company here in Dallas called "TDIndustires" that is supposedly employee owned. They are very successful and lauded as one of the better places to work. Granted, it's not as large or complex as Chrysler ... but the employees have a great sense of loyalty and interest in the success of the company.

Maybe Cummins could buy them. That'd be interesting. :-)

Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

Yes and they are also more aware of the bottom line and what it cost to run a company (wages, benifits and such) when they own it. I do think that a employee buyout with the right leadership could turn company around.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Blackstone Group and Magna Drivetrain are also well financed and in the running for Chrysler. Magna supplies assemblies to Chrysler.

Reply to
Max Dodge