Changing spark plugs on an 2003, 4.7L

Hi - looking to change the sparkplugs on a 2003 QC, 4.7, automatic transmission. Was wondering if any of you had any tips on the easiest wway to get at them - from the top, through the wheel well, underneath?

Thanks!

Reply to
John

Ok - I did a little searching - didn't realize these were on top by the intake and come out vertically - MUCH easier!

Reply to
John

Yep, you got it. You have to take of the air intake to make it easy.

JAM

Reply to
Paddy O'Day

Yep, from the top. Remove all the intake air ducting, unbolt each coil that is attached to each plug, remove plug. You may have to remove some bracket in order to get to the nuts that hold the coils on. Easy to do, just time consuming.

Hank

Reply to
ninebal310

And remember righty tighty lefty loosey.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Hehehehe - you bet. A little time consuming but at least access wasn't bad comared to what it could have been.

Thanks to all!

Reply to
John

I remember when I got our Dak... I couldn't find the damn plugs! lol

All the years of grabbing a plug wire and following it goes out the window with coil-on-plug...

Mac

mac davis