Changing the Transmission for better mileage

Page 2 of 2
wrote:

Changing the diff ratio would be much simpler and cheaper than the trans. Get a lower numerical ratio (longer legs) for better mileage and reduced towing capacity/torque.

I just wanted to say Thank you to all for your quick responses about my truck. I will go looking into getting a lower difference ratio tomorrow.

Before you do you need to figure out what you have now because if it fairly tall now in effective ratio, making it taller may huirt more than help. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com
Your milage doesn't sound that bad. The only way to get more would be to change the differential or change the trans.. for a 5 speed or a different OD trans with a lockup torque converter