Check Engine codes.

I have a 1999 Dakota Sport with a 3.9L engine and the check engine light is on. How can i get the error codes? The ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON method doesnt work on my truck. Thanks in advance. Chris.

Reply to
CLT

Unfortunately, for that model year, there isn't any way to retrieve the diagnostic codes except with an OBD-II scan tool.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

That's a check of the instrument panel cluster - the gauges, lights, LCD segments, etc. It's just a visual check that you can use to determine if you have a bad gauge, or if a lamp is burned out. No diagnostic codes are available from that.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Auto Zone does it for free

Reply to