Chime and fog lights???

I just installed a set of Mopar foglights in my 04 Ram. This unit came with the aftermarket switch. Rather than hooking it up into my headlight wiring
harness I wired it directly to my battery and added an appropriate circuit. Does anyone know how to connect this into my chime so that if I should leave the foglights on by mistake I will be warned with the chime? Thanks in advance

Denny
In most states it is illegal not to have your fog of driving lamps hooked in with your head lamp system. When you turn on your high beams your driving and fog lamps should turn off. I would suggest you check your state laws and that is why OEM fogs and driving lamps turn off when the high beams are on.
--
Coasty
Semper Paratus

State law?? in what state?? I have heard some funny reasons for having the fogs or low beams turn off when you click on the high-beams... this one takes the cake though.

Several... California being one. I didn't find the actual statute online, but they have regualtions such that "driving lights must only operate with high means - fog lights must only operate with low beams".
Canada also has a similar law:
http://www.canlii.org/ab/laws/regu/2002r.322/20050211/whole.html
"Fog lamps on a motor vehicle must be used only at the same time the low beams on the headlamps are used."
I wouldn't be surprised to find many other states with similar regulations.
Tom Lawrence wrote:

Oregon law even states that any auxiliary driving and/or fog lights should be turned OFF whenever you are required to dim your headlights. http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/TS/docs/VehEq/use_of_fog_lights.pdf They mention a federal standard in this document too, but they don't give any pointers to it.
Trey wrote:

Pennsylvania is another. Driving on with high beam only and fog on with low beam only. Must be this way to pass state inspection. Greg
http://www.aamva.org/Documents/vehEquipmentLightingFedMotorVehiclePresentation.PDF Says the feds DON'T regulate them BUT to check the state laws because they DO.
Oh and just to toss more junk lights on the fire, The NHTSA has been making manufacturers of those stupid clear lenses tail lights recall them since they are ILLEGAL in the US.
http://fmvss108.tripod.com/recalls.htm For more info.

-

driving/road lights are only to be used on "country" roads and not to be used when there's incoming traffic...
it was actually kind of funny... an oncoming car flashed his brights... my brother wasn't on brights, so he flashed back, to show that he was on low beams... that was answered by a red spot light and followed by red & blue.. lol
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

I dont know if they are the OEM headlights these days, or if they are the after market upgraded lights, but they are REALLY bright! I have been driving my truck, 99 Dak 4x4, so its not very low, and I have been pretty well blinded. I flash my (dim) brights and then they flash theirs, so I know its just thier low beams that are lighting up the skys and blinding oncoming traffic. I also love the idiots that just lift the front or their trucks, or just lower the back end, and dont adjust their lights.
Trey wrote:

Ditto for the yoyo's pulling trailers.
Jerry
How is your cake since you took it.