Chime associated with blinker?

I exited the freeway the other day on a long gradual curve of an exit. I straightened out and stayed in my lane, then noticed the blinker was still on. At the same time that I was reaching for the lever, I heard a chime,
same as when the keys are in the ignition, the door is open, etc... I quickly looked at my overhead console and the instrument panel to see if there were any visabale indicators, there wasn't... So I'm wondering if there's some sort of audible notification that the blinker has been on for an excessive length of time?
Ram 2500, 2005, Cummins 4x4.
Thanks,
David...
David ~ wrote:

My '99 Ram chimes out two slow "pings" when the low fuel warning light turns on. Was your fuel level at 1/8th of a tank when this happened?
If you leave your blinker on for an extended period of time, yes, your chime will sound to let you know that it's on.
I've done it numerous times and after a while the chime will start. Wondered what it was at first but turned the blinker off and it stopped....
Aha!
I have '97 Grand Caravan.
-S
On 6/18/05 1:06 AM, "David ~" wrote:

--
"Timpani! Take your drums to Brooklyn, play the same volume, you'll be
fine." -Otto Werner Mueller on my "Piannissimo" entrance in a Juilliard

Sean Dolan wrote:

Now I'm going to have to test mine out. I guess I never left the blinker on long enough to have it chime at me. I did notice another peculiar thing about my Ram. When I leave my doors open for more than about 10 minutes the seat belts lock themselves in the retracted position. I thought I had one jam up on me. I tugged at it, whacked the seat back, and tried to feed some of the slack back into the seat to get it free. Nothing helped. I pushed the door jamb button to re-set the dome lamp timer because it was starting to get dark outside and the seat belt immediately released. I wonder what the purpose of that is?

I think some cars and trucks have a solenoid as part of the seat-belt mechanism. When the solenoid is energized, you can unreel the belt freely, but when it is powered off, the belt doesn't move or is very difficult to move. I suspect that when you first open the door of the truck, the solenoid is energized, on the premise that you will soon get in the truck, sit down, and put the belt on. But if you let the truck stand with the door open, the solenoid is probably shut off by the same logic that shuts off the dome light, to help conserve the battery.
On the Ch@vy I owned that I know had solenoids like this, you could hear a faint click near the belt retractor mechanism when the solenoid engaged and disengaged, and the belt would sometimes move a fraction of an inch as well.
Matt Roberds

anyone who can tell me how to successfully disable it.
--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!
How about wearing your seatbelt!

That will shut it off, not disable it. The only way I know to disable it, disables ALL the chimes. It goes through the computer. Clay
You can disable the seatbelt switch as well.

"Badger" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message

MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!

Have you tried asking the owner's manual? I bet it knows the answer... (not just being a smart-ass... the procedure to disable the seat-belt chime is in your manual)
The owners manual does have a way to disable it, I don't have the manual in front of me, but I recall that it's a trick procedure. It took me nearly a dozen attempts. I spoke with a service tech and they have problems also, but it can be done and still leave all other chimes intact.
David...

Yep. Of course, you can always take the center seat belt and plug it into the driver's buckle...
That work as well, but I actually do wear my seat belt most of the time. It was that quick drive across the street or parking lot when it annoyed me...

I don't want it on. The dinging noise drives the deer crazy.
--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!
Glad yo got the answer. I would have suggested what you heard was the horn from other drivers that were pi$$ed off you forgot your blinker was on from LA to Vegas.