Chime Code 99 CTD Quad

Hi All!

Having a problem referred to in previous post after taking truck out of storage keyless entry system no longer works.

Noticed this morning that when I turn on the ignition I'm getting a chime code of 6 chimes a pause then 2 chimes.

Anyone able to decipher this chime code for me?

TIA

Best to all

Fred

Reply to
Fearless Fred

The first 6 chimes is the seat-belt reminder. Put your seat-belt on before turning the key on and it should go away. Two chimes after the pause means you have an advisory light on the dash lit up. The "Check Gauges" or low fuel indicator light have set the double chimes on my '99 CTD.

Reply to
Nosey

Thanks Nosey.

Is there a list of these chime codes and what they mean somewhere???

Fred

Reply to
Fearless Fred

Not that I have found. It's just what I have noticed from driving it every day for the past 9 years.

Also, the only thing that I have ever seen turn on the "Check Gauges" light before the engine was started was the volt meter showing less than 12 volts.

Reply to
Nosey