Choice for new shocks

I have a '95 Ram 1500 2 wheel drive with 95,000 miles. It has a towing package, but I don't recall the axle ratio. Engine is a 318. I've only had it a couple months. Gets better gas mileage than the 2002 QC 4x4 I used to
have. Seems it could ride a bit better than it does. Would new shocks help? If so, what would the resident experts recommend?
Ed Dowdy
Bilstien or Edelbrock mono tube double acting. I put the Edelbrock IAS on my 3500 and they work great, even with 4300# of camper in the bed. I put the Bilstiens on my toy Taco, and they are much better then the OEMs..
On Mon, 02 May 2005 01:04:24 GMT, "Edward L. Dowdy"

Suddenly, without warning, Joseph Myers exclaimed (5/2/2005 4:35 AM):

sure of the axle ratio (does it matter?). Same brands?
What's the usual life of OEM shocks on a truck like mine? It's my first Dodge and first 4x4.
jmc
Napa the good ones at 50 some odd dollars a piece seem to be just fine. Made by Monroe

Ditto the Monroes. I put on a set of 4 Monroe Gas-Magnums (yellow body) and am very happy with the ride and control. Like David said, 50-something apiece and very worth it.