Christmas

Page 1 of 2
7 more days

Thanks:)

Yup, ain't it great!! Best time of the year. All my shopping is done.
Roy

Mine too..

Too early to even begin shopping. I'll start Saturday.
FMB (North Mexico)

Yeah..... why rush.....?
Mike

Why Saturday? I'm sure the stores will be open Sunday.
beekeep

Excellant question, BK. The explaination goes back a bit.... I've been married to my first wife for over 25 years and both sets of parents were within traveling distance for most of that time. One of the peacekeeping decisions was to have our Christmas on Christmas Eve morning. That evening, we would have Christmas at my In-Law's. Christmas morning was for church then off to my folk's home. It all fit because my inlaws always had their Christmas on the Eve and my folks always had it on Christmas day. So, this year, Saturday is the last day before 'our' Christmas celebration .
There are other benifits to shopping at the last minute. I never had "keep up with the Jones's" gifts on my list so I never had to worry about the stores running out. I don't need a PS7. I always had a list and knew where to get the items for a fair price.
I always went to the Mall, even if my shopping was done. The Mall was the place to go to watch the Christmas shoppers in all their glory. Some were ungraciously pushing and shoving and some were very nice, casually going about their shopping. Most were dressed really nice and I've always liked eye candy.
Nowadays, my first wife does most of the shopping on the internet and I only have to go out to take care of her and a few stocking stuffers. I take my daughter with me, shop and have a nice lunch while chatting and watching all the folks with their last minute rush. I enjoy that day.
FMB (North Mexico)
FMB wrote:

My sentiments exactly!
Christmas shopping on the last weekend of the shopping season is tradition with me.
And having no shopping days left after the weekend as in this year, is a great motivator!
SMH

so your gonna shop for the rest of us now?
--
----------------------------
-Chris

Just remember, no expectations - no disapointments!
beekeep
Mike Simmons wrote:

Is your truck getting anything good?
SMH

Dunno... the truck is still healing from the latest deer strike... :^(
Mike

maybe the truck should get armor plating and a BuckStop bumper?????
*big grin*
--
----------------------------
-Chris

I did get it some deer stickers for the door ala the WWII fighter planes as they counted their "kills"..
Mike

That made me laugh out loud. I wonder if I can find any vulture stickers? I have actually downed 2 in flight (rather, take off). 3 more and I'll be an "Ace."

I'm a locomotive engineer. Deer are like bugs on a windshield!
Ed

so your saying mike needs to be driving a train????
<BG>
--
-Chris

ewww, the mental image that brings! Wadda use to scrape them all off at the end of a 'trip'?
jmc