Christmas

Thanks:)

Reply to
Big Al

Yup, ain't it great!! Best time of the year. All my shopping is done.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Mine too..

Reply to
azwiley1

Too early to even begin shopping. I'll start Saturday.

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

Yeah..... why rush.....?

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Just remember, no expectations - no disapointments!

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

so your gonna shop for the rest of us now?

Reply to
Chris Thompson

Why Saturday? I'm sure the stores will be open Sunday.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Is your truck getting anything good?

SMH

Reply to
Stephen Harding

My sentiments exactly!

Christmas shopping on the last weekend of the shopping season is tradition with me.

And having no shopping days left after the weekend as in this year, is a great motivator!

SMH

Reply to
Stephen Harding

Dunno... the truck is still healing from the latest deer strike... :^(

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Excellant question, BK. The explaination goes back a bit.... I've been married to my first wife for over 25 years and both sets of parents were within traveling distance for most of that time. One of the peacekeeping decisions was to have our Christmas on Christmas Eve morning. That evening, we would have Christmas at my In-Law's. Christmas morning was for church then off to my folk's home. It all fit because my inlaws always had their Christmas on the Eve and my folks always had it on Christmas day. So, this year, Saturday is the last day before 'our' Christmas celebration .

There are other benifits to shopping at the last minute. I never had "keep up with the Jones's" gifts on my list so I never had to worry about the stores running out. I don't need a PS7. I always had a list and knew where to get the items for a fair price.

I always went to the Mall, even if my shopping was done. The Mall was the place to go to watch the Christmas shoppers in all their glory. Some were ungraciously pushing and shoving and some were very nice, casually going about their shopping. Most were dressed really nice and I've always liked eye candy.

Nowadays, my first wife does most of the shopping on the internet and I only have to go out to take care of her and a few stocking stuffers. I take my daughter with me, shop and have a nice lunch while chatting and watching all the folks with their last minute rush. I enjoy that day.

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

maybe the truck should get armor plating and a BuckStop bumper?????

*big grin*
Reply to
Chris Thompson

I did get it some deer stickers for the door ala the WWII fighter planes as they counted their "kills"..

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

That made me laugh out loud. I wonder if I can find any vulture stickers? I have actually downed 2 in flight (rather, take off). 3 more and I'll be an "Ace."

Reply to
Ed H.

You're supposed to use a gun!

beekeep - killed 3 this year.

Reply to
beekeep

I'm a locomotive engineer. Deer are like bugs on a windshield!

Ed

Reply to
Edward L. Dowdy

so your saying mike needs to be driving a train????

Reply to
Chris Thompson

Suddenly, without warning, Ed H. exclaimed (20-Dec-06 6:50 AM):

So far all I've downed is a ringneck pheasant hen (actually, my antenna did). Unfortunately, the law in the UK is that the person who hit the bird *cannot* take it (home for dinner, presumably). However, if you're lucky enuf to be in the next car, you can.

Just how many people were deliberately taking pheasant out of season, with their vehicles, for the legislature to decide a law was needed?

jmc

Reply to
jmc