Clicking in front, 2001 4x4

2001 Ram 2500 QC 4x4 with 360.

Going over bumps and such, everyday driving, I get a clicking/rattle from the front end. Consistent even when braking and turning.

Just completed replacing the balljoints, bearings and brakes on the front and expected the clicking to be gone upon completion...wrong. Already replaced the anti-rattle clips on the brakes and that was not it. Any ideas on what to look at as the possible cause? Could the tracbar be causing this?

Reply to
Carolina Watercraft Works

Check the lower bolts on the front shocks. They have to be very tight or they will rattle.

Reply to
Nosey

When I had the 'clicking' noise from the front end it ended up being the U joint.

Reply to
scorpioex1

Might be the stabilizer links.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Thanks Nosey...that exactly what it was. I had replaced the shocks with Bilstein shocks a while back and torqued everything to spec as instructed. This time, I said f-it and with the help of my trusty impact wrench, click/rattle is gone.

thanks to all the other hints too. I checked the u-joints out when I had it apart and they did look ok but wasn't ruling those out as the culprit. Thank god I didn't have to take those apart again.

Reply to
Carolina Watercraft Works