Clunk!

Gotta love old(ish) trucks (2001 Dodge Dakota, 4x4, 4.7l v8, manual)
Got driving after work, noticed immediately tht there was an odd clunk when I'd depress the brake pedal. No change in braking capability,
couldn't feel it, but could definitely *hear* it. Went away after maybe 10-20 minutes of stop-and-go driving. After an hour's commute, never did come back, and braking still feels normal.
If it matters, it's a rainy, warmish (80f) and humid afternoon.
What could it have been? Should I worry?
jmc
Broken shock mount?

Suddenly, without warning, Bill exclaimed (5/29/2009 7:05 AM):

Dunno. Shocks *seem* fine. What would I look for?
Truck's fine this morning, no clunk at all.
jmc
You may have had a stuck brake. You mention in your orginal post high humidity. Had this happen with a Mazada pickup after driving through a flooded street. Piston started sticking and would suddenly release making a clunking sound and the steering wheel would jerk. Once free it would work fine until it stuck again. Took several months to find out what was causing it.
Motor mount? Can you open the hood, hold the brake, and give it some gas. See if the motor moves. Try reverse too. (You may have someone else look for you).

On Thu, 28 May 2009 18:12:54 -0400, jmc

Geeze, did you take the cement block out of the bed yet? <g>
(Yea, I've found so many odd clunks were cargo shifting in the bed, or the tool box!)
Suddenly, without warning, PeterD exclaimed (5/29/2009 9:31 AM):

No, that's the squeak in the back (that rumbling noise is the hand cart in the bed box. This was a clunk in the front. :) The "stuck brake" idea in another post sounds reasonable to me. I'll see if it comes back again.
And, I'm definitely driving too fast if the cement block shifts - LineX!
jmc

Probably those CCC's you made for Denny!
Suddenly, without warning, Roy exclaimed (5/29/2009 4:49 PM):

Well, yea, if they were still in the back they'd be that hard by now :)
But cccs don't last that long around here.
::looks around and whispers::
Don't tell Denny, but I have a cookie jar full of sdccc's right now (sourdough cc cookies). They're too yummy to share!
jmc

I've just hired Abby from NCIS to trace this post. I'll have your house in my gps in a matter of minutes. I'll see you tomorrow!!! And there better be cookies left!!!!
Denny
Suddenly, without warning, Denny exclaimed (5/30/2009 7:28 PM):

No cookies unless you bring Abby with you. You may need McGee to get through my protections though. You'd better hurry, the cookies are going fast!
jmc "I have a computer, and I know how to use it!"

Poo on McGee. I have a mean ferocious boxer named Mauser that'll tear your "protections" to shreds......as long as they smell like a doggie bone......
At least you could e-mail me a pic of a cookie...... <BG>
Denny
Suddenly, without warning, Denny exclaimed (5/30/2009 9:29 PM):

I could...
I've got my computer set up to not accept cookies though, so I won't be able to get the picture onto it!
(bada-boom)
jmc

That's bad...... even for this group..... <G>
Denny

I've just hired Abby from NCIS to trace this post. I'll have your house in my gps in a matter of minutes. I'll see you tomorrow!!! And there better be cookies left!!!!
Ya hired nobody!! NCIS is on re-runs!<BFG>
Denny
Suddenly, without warning, Roy exclaimed (5/31/2009 9:37 PM):

Well, duh, that's why she has time to track down my cookies!
jmc
Mine was the jack...in my 2006 Dakota.