clutch

Hey everyone,
Went to look at a 2500 with Cummins & manual tranny. The clutch did not start "catching" until the pedal was 1.5 inches from the top and it did
not lockup until it was 1/2 inch from the top.
The owners swear their mechanic gave the clutch a clean bill of health. I say the clutch disk is essentially worn out based on previous experience pulling bell housings and changing clutches.
Is there anything about the 2500 clutch that's *any* different from a standard modern hydraulic master-slave clutch?

Other than the fact that it's bigger, nope :)
I have a 3500 6 speed and the truck starts moving with the peddle twords the floor