code 43 with check engine light

I have a 97 ram 1500 with the 5.9 gas motor, the check engine light came on and I retrieved the code by on-off-on-off-on-off-on way and got 43. any
ideas to what may be causing it. It idles rough and is rough of the starts from a stop. I first thought bad gas, cause my other car idled rough till I put heet in and some better gas, did same with Ram but didn't help. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
probably an O2 sensor
get it scanned with a REAL scanner to make sure

on
help

Code 43 - "Peak primary circuit current not achieved within the maximum dwell time".
There could be a lot of things that actually trip this code, but mostly ignition-related. When's the last time the engine had a complete tune-up? How old are the wires, particularly the coil wire? Check the 12V side of the coil for corrosion on the connectors. It may also be time for a new coil altogether (and if this is still the original coil, I'd just change it out as a matter of course).