Code reading for FREE!!

Just a little tip for everyone. Chrysler made code reading easy, just by using your ignition switch. Turn the key on/off three times, last cycle ending on, and the ecm/pcm/sbec or smec, depending on year/model goes into diag mode. Pre 2001 cars will reveal codes with CES lamp. 2001 and up will give digital read-out in odometer. Save your money from buying a code reader. Hope this helps....

Reply to
Bob

WOW!! Really? Free?

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

That doesn't work on my '99 Ram. For a free code scan I have to go to Autozone.

Reply to
Nosey

My 2000 Ram van reads out on the digital odometer. bill

Reply to
BillyGoat

Or you could just run a low level format on the engine computer.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep