Cold air intake

I seen a cold air intake on ebay by chromeintakes at a good price. Has anyone had any experience with this system and is it really worth the time and money to install a cold air intake?

Depends on what you are expecting. If you want it to look good when you open the hood and to make a little more noise when the accelerator is pressed, go for it. Look at where your factory airbox is pulling air from....you already have a cold air intake.
Denny
Denny wrote:

isn't worth it. I do realize that the factory air box is designed to bring in cold air but the flow from the inlet of the box to the throttle body leaves something to be desired.
The reason that I was considering this was to be able to operate more efficiently. I really don't care about the look and sound.

Stay with yer stock intake setup and spend the $$ on something else.
Mike

i put one on a 360 dodge '98 dodge that i had. i actually got a lot more noise when i pressed on the accelerator. no better mileage and as far as power, i don't think it made much, if any difference. it was still a pig when towing.

If you was going to operate your motor at or near wide-open-throttle most of the time I'd agree that the increase in airflow may help. Street driven vehicals rarely see half throttle most of the time so the slight increase in airflow will never be used.

I really don't think this air filter/box/tubing is going to make any difference in your truck.
Denny