cold idle problem

Got an idle problem with a 97 2500 powered by Cummins. The motor starts first time, every time, no problems.
If I have the air conditioner or interior fan on when the engine is cold -
it pulls the idle down low. Sometimes idle looks like it might be as low as 200 rpm on the tack. When it gets like this, it's easy to stall out.
If I start the engine cold with no a/c or fan - there's no problem with idle. Any idea how to fix this?

When this happens, if you give it a little fuel, will the engine speed increase, or is the pedal essentially dead?
On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 04:00:21 +0000, Tom Lawrence wrote:

It fully responds to the gas pedal. The problem goes away after putting it in drive and giving it fuel - that is if it doesn't stall out first.

Adjust your low-idle speed. Details here: http://www.dodgeram.org/tech/dsl/adjustments/2nd_Gen-Idle.htm