Color of Wire - Backup light, '06 Ram 2500

I'm trying to install a backup sensor on a 2006 Ram 2500 diesel, which has to splice into the backup light. I *have* determined that the backup light is not on the white and green wire; that would appear to be the turn signal. :|

Is it the black one- or is that ground?

Thanks!

Reply to
Chauncey Gardiner

Well, there's a white with dark green tracer, which IS the turn signal. There's also a white with LIGHT green tracer, which is your backup lamp feed.

For future reference,

has downloadable wiring diagrams for your truck.

Black/dark green is the ground. While we're at it, white/yellow is your tail lamp, and white/tan (who in the HELL came up with the color scheme for this?? WAY too many similar color combos) is the stop lamp. This is all on the left (driver's side) taillight bucket. On the right (passenger) side bucket, the only differences are the turn signal is white/gray, and the ground is solid black.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

someone who wanted to make a real nightmare for those of us that are slightly color challenged?

Reply to
Chris Thompson

Now that's hardly fair... I heard white with green and only saw the white with dark green wire- snip, there goes the turn signal.

Got it working now- thanks for your help!

cg

Reply to
Chauncey Gardiner