Company 1998 Dodge Durango - Slipped out of Park?

Interesting experience. I was at a gas station getting ready to fill up the company's Dodge Durango - 4.7L version. Everytime we fill the tank we're required to record the mileage for our expense reports. The milege gets written on the receipt. So I pull into the space, shift into Park, whip out my trusty Wal-Mart brand ledger and start jotting down the mileage. The engine is running, and I hear a "thunk" and the vehicle jolts backwards. I hit the brake, and all is well. No big deal since I only moved maybe two feet. That little indicent got me into the habbit of putting the parking brake on at all times on every vehicle I drive, including my own Acura

- which is something we should be doing anyway. Is this something that happens on Durangos? We used to have two Chrysler vans and another person report the same thing happened to him.

How do Durangos generally hold up over the years? I was looking into getting one for the winters. Just a thought.

Reply to
Acurajustin1978

There was an article in the Dallas Morning Snooze about a month ago. According to them there have been numerous reports of Dodge vehicles slipping out of park. But as is typical of the Dallas Snooze they only reported part of the story and didn't list what vehicles were included.

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

not just durangos, happened on my '05 cummins dually.

for a complete description.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Well, thats interesting. I read your link and somebody said when they were in reverse it reved like they were in Neutral - that happened to me too but I figured I wasn;'t used to a mushy column gear selector; I'm used to the Acura. I'll warn my boss since he has a Durango as well - I believe a 2000.

Reply to
Acurajustin1978