Complaint about car mechanics?

So did it work when you brought the truck to them and not work when you left, or did it fail later the same day? If it's the former you might have a logical leg to stand on, if the latter, I don't see how you can prove it was the mechanic's fault, nor do I think you'll do well in court. Assuming the scenario where the sensor failed later in the day, and given the fact that these things fail with regularity, I don't see how you can say with any certainty that your mechanic caused the problem.

If it's thirty bucks and five minutes, just fix the thing and get on with your life. Why waste time on something as trivial as this? If you're uncomfortable with these folks, just don't use them again.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Grey

Looks like the speed sensor I have, does not match what Autozone says it should be. Mine has an "ear" for a bolt to hold it, and a gasket around the body that goes into the hole. Autozone part has thread and no "ear" for the bolt.

Anyone has a good suggestion for a reputable website selling those replacement rear speed sensors? Perhaps one that would take my VIN number?

I took mine out briefly yesterday, and to my further upset, saw relatively large (1-2mm) metal shavings stuck on it.

Ignoramus23806

they gave you the output speed senor in the trans. your looking for the rear axle speed sensor.

Reply to
Chris Thompson

Autozone does not have them, but I called a Dodge dealer, they have them for $45 apiece. I will pick on tonight, hopefully.

Ignoramus24560