Compressor not getting power

I've been trying to diagnose my AC problem. When I turn on the AC switch, I get fan but no AC. The compressor clutch does not engage. I disconected the compressor power source, applied power to it and could hear the clutch click/engage so I think the compressor works but is not getting any power. I checked and changed the fuses. I assum power goes straight from battery to dash switch then to complressor but can't figure out where the problem may be...any thoghts would be greatly appreciated. I have a 1999 Ram 1500. Thanks

Reply to
Bob

Do you have gauges to check the pressures? If not, pull the low pressure switch connector off the accumulator (round cylindrical-looking thing close to the firewall on the passenger side, with A/C lines running from it), and jumper the two pins on the connector. With the engine running, and the A/C selected, if the clutch engages, you're low/out of refrigerant (or have a bad low pressure switch - but most likely the refrigerant leaked out).

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

I'll give that a shot...Thanks for your help!

Reply to
Bob