computer codes

you guys always have been helpful with my dodge truck.....could anyone tell me how to check codes the poorboy way on a 94 cadilac deville....

Sure thing... you go to the alt.autos.gm.cadillac group, and post there... :)
Under your dash, there should be a little black connector. By making a jumper wire, and shorting two of the terminals together, then turning the ignition to 'ON', the Check Engine light will blink out the various codes. I believe it blinks each two-digit code three times (it does on my '90 Suburban, at least). See these sites for specifics:
http://www.obd-codes.com/faq/read-gm-2-digit-obd-codes-free.php http://www.gnttype.org/maint/malf.html