Considering '96 3500 CTD

Looking at a 1996 3500 diesel/auto with 214k miles on the clock. I don't know much about it as of yet, but apparently the engine was replaced in '03. Was wondrering what problems i might expect or look for... what I should concern myself about? TIA

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Warren

How about the tranny and why was the engine replaced? Those old ones were bullet proof unless the owner did not maintain it. Olso the automatic tranny has been a weak point in the past with those trucks and if it has not been replaced yet, it is overdue.

TheSnoMan

I owned an '95 and if my experience is "normal" the tranny has already been replaced three times.

Reply to
Lance LaFrinier

Perhaps if you had it rebuilt by a aftermarket company like DTT or some other you would probably only have rebuilt it once.

Roy

Reply to
Roy