Considering '96 3500 CTD

Looking at a 1996 3500 diesel/auto with 214k miles on the clock. I don't know much about it as of yet, but apparently the engine was replaced in '03.
Was wondrering what problems i might expect or look for... what I should concern myself about? TIA
Matt
Matthew Warren wrote:

How about the tranny and why was the engine replaced? Those old ones were bullet proof unless the owner did not maintain it. Olso the automatic tranny has been a weak point in the past with those trucks and if it has not been replaced yet, it is overdue.
----------------- www.thesnoman.com

I owned an '95 and if my experience is "normal" the tranny has already been replaced three times.

Perhaps if you had it rebuilt by a aftermarket company like DTT or some other you would probably only have rebuilt it once.
Roy