cooling 96 dakota

Does anyone out there know of a fan part number and manufacture WITHOUT a clutch that will work on my 96 Dakota 4x4 ext cab 5.2 V8? Replaced cooling system last fall (all hoses, belts, radiator, system flush, HD thermostat) and engine still runs hot when outside temps are above 80 degrees or when towing or when traveling with plow in in winter time. Absolutely no loss of fluid in system before or since replacement of above parts. Also replaced clutch fan, original wouldn't lock up until I pulled over and shut engine down when gauge read warm and restarted..fan on engine now doesn't lock up at all. Thanks! jp

Reply to
EVR_jpat

Try this:

will need spacers and adapters too:
I think I'd keep a clutch fan or swap it to an electric. I wouldn't want my fan constantly robbing power and fuel mileage when it's not needed. Flex-a-lite sells those too.

Reply to
Nosey

Oops, you don't need to replace the fan with the above mentioned spacers.

Reply to
Nosey

I is quite possible to recalibrate the clutch operating tempature. I have plowed for years with clutch fans and I have no over heating issues ever Check out link below, it realy works!

TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan