Cracked Dash, Again !!!!

Page 1 of 2
I got my Quad Cab new in 1999. New Years day 2004 I come out and find my dash cracked. Had dash replaced. Now my dash is cracked again (Jan 2007)
in about the same place. Any ideas on what can be causing the dash to crack ?
Most likely from heat. Years ago I purchased a dashboard cover and have never experienced cracked dash boards. Good luck.
Richard Folkman wrote:

Use STP Son of a Gun (not Armorall) as it peventate vinyl and keeps it soft prevents cracking. I decovered the qualities of Son or a Gun 25 year ago when I had a few boats. I tried Armourall and the next day ot two it looked like I had done nothing to them out is sune and spray. With Son or a Gun it lasted a LOT longer and never had a crack either. I have a vinyl dash in a SUV 18 years old that still looks like new with no cracks. When you apply it is can soak in dry vinyl so apply a couple of coats over a few days until it keeps its luster when vinyl is restored to proper chemical "moisture" level. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
OK I give up, what does peventate mean?
beekeep

snipped-for-privacy@radix.net (beekeep) wrote:

Snojob makes things up as he goes.
On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 14:28:11 GMT, aarcuda69062
No you do becaue you only how to attack things you do not understand. If you want to make a big deal and act like a child about a mispelling of preventative, knock yourself out. Anything to make you feel better about yourself. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Never stopped you from opening yup about the V10 knock sensor did it? Now, why don't ya explain your answer.

I just correct your errors so the unsuspecting don't go off track. (as do quite a few others)

Do you mean preventive? (one "t", no "a")

There is non so ignorant as those who refuse to learn...

Go to the head of the class! Preventive, NOT preventative!
Mike

Hey Mike (and others) how about this one.
PMCS

Be sure to follow the PMIC, applicable MIMS, and MRC's too.
--
Ken

Sorry, guys. From the American Heritage Dictionary: preventative adj. /& n/. Variant of preventive. -adjective serving to protect or hinder: /preventive measures/. -noun a preventive agent or measure
Exactly what SnoMan meant by it in the original message, I'm not sure. But it is a valid word (after the spelling correction).
--
Ken

If you swap 'preventive' or 'preventative' for "peventate" in his post, it still reads like the ranting of a lunatic coming unglued.
aarcuda69062 wrote:

Unglued? Maybe. I think the little snowball on top is beginning to melt. Effects of global warming?
--
Ken

I heard from a reliable source that the snoball on top melted so much that the carrot failed the obscenity laws and Snojob got a big honkin' ticket from the cops...
aarcuda69062 wrote:

That must have been what's going on in this picture. I was wondering what was happening. See:
http://i13.tinypic.com/4clo5t3.jpg
That cop sure has a set of snow-balls.
--
Ken

There ya go!
If they show up missing, maybe Snojob will answer the question that Roy as been asking him for what, 4-5 months now. (we'll probably get some tired old story about when he drove dump trucks)

It wasn't my question originally, I think it was Tom L. or Chris Thompson that asked the first time. I sorta been wandering around with it. He ducked and avoided it again on the ford group yesterday. I think I'm due to get a "go for bigger gears to cure all problems", already had the "dump truck" deal.<VBG>
Roy

Could have been either of us as we both had one (uh Tom may still have his, I cant afford as many toys as he can *poke*)
--
-Chris

alas, Ken, you are correct however preventative has only been recently accepted into the lexicon. It is a bastardization of preventive and is so commonly used that it is <sigh> now accepted by some. As Mrs Hightower (my old English teacher) would say... "Mr. Simmons if you wanted to keep something from happening, would you "prevent" it or "preventate" it? Hmmmmm....."?
;^)
Mike