Cracked Dash, Again !!!!

Be sure to follow the PMIC, applicable MIMS, and MRC's too.

Reply to
Nosey

If you swap 'preventive' or 'preventative' for "peventate" in his post, it still reads like the ranting of a lunatic coming unglued.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Unglued? Maybe. I think the little snowball on top is beginning to melt. Effects of global warming?

Reply to
Nosey

I heard from a reliable source that the snoball on top melted so much that the carrot failed the obscenity laws and Snojob got a big honkin' ticket from the cops...

Reply to
aarcuda69062

That must have been what's going on in this picture. I was wondering what was happening. See:

cop sure has a set of snow-balls.

Reply to
Nosey

There ya go!

If they show up missing, maybe Snojob will answer the question that Roy as been asking him for what, 4-5 months now. (we'll probably get some tired old story about when he drove dump trucks)

Reply to
aarcuda69062

alas, Ken, you are correct however preventative has only been recently accepted into the lexicon. It is a bastardization of preventive and is so commonly used that it is now accepted by some. As Mrs Hightower (my old English teacher) would say... "Mr. Simmons if you wanted to keep something from happening, would you "prevent" it or "preventate" it? Hmmmmm....."?

;^)

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

You could add an additive like a preservative to the preventative to prevent the preventable as preventive procedures. It sounds right to me in that sentence. How do you think Mrs. Hightower feels about the word "irregardless"?

Reply to
Nosey

It wasn't my question originally, I think it was Tom L. or Chris Thompson that asked the first time. I sorta been wandering around with it. He ducked and avoided it again on the ford group yesterday. I think I'm due to get a "go for bigger gears to cure all problems", already had the "dump truck" deal.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Could have been either of us as we both had one (uh Tom may still have his, I cant afford as many toys as he can *poke*)

Reply to
Chris Thompson

Look it up in the dictionary. It is correct. Preventative is used at my work all the time.

Larry Behold Beware Believe

Reply to
Larry Crites

Methinks she wouldn't like that either!

:^)

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Larry:

Inclusion in a dictionary doesn't signify "approval" of a word. Dictionaries merely "define" a word. Over time our language changes and thus new words are added constantly. That doesn't mean however that preventative is acceptable to an old fart like me.

;^)

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons