Cracked Dash, Again !!!!

Page 2 of 2

You could add an additive like a preservative to the preventative to prevent the preventable as preventive procedures. It sounds right to me in that sentence. How do you think Mrs. Hightower feels about the word "irregardless"?
--
Ken

Methinks she wouldn't like that either!
:^)
Mike

Look it up in the dictionary. It is correct. Preventative is used at my work all the time.
Larry Behold Beware Believe

says...

Armor All, STP Sun of a gun, etc, liquids meant to preserve plastics.
BDK
Well, Fidel castro has been one for a couple decades, but only on his own island.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.
SnoMan wrote:

What? In English please.
Richard Folkman wrote:

My '99 has a cracked dashboard too. It cracked enough that a large piece fell out right above the instrument panel. Standing outside of the truck looking through the windshield into the hole, I can see that the instrument panel support is also cracked near the heater control panel. I suspect the cracked support is the cause of the dash-top problems. I also have a crack above the glove-box. I haven't looked at the dash supports under that area so I'm not sure if there is anything wrong there. I looked into getting a dashtop cover from Geno's garage but I haven't done it yet. If you decide to get one, let me know how it goes. See: http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo.asp?number SHTOP-998 If your dashboard isn't black do a search for "interior paint" on Geno's website.
--
Ken

snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net says...

It seems like people who have cracked dashes almost always seem to have put some sort of "preservative" on the dash, probably starting some kind of process that causes the cracks. I haven't had a cracked dash since I stopped using armorall, STP, etc, on my dashes. Before that, every one cracked within 4 years.
Now all I use is a damp rag, and it still looks new, 4 years later.
BDK

Your 2003 has a different dashboard. The only "preservative" that I put on my '99's dashboard was a reflective sun-blocker propped up behind the windshield in the summer.
--
Ken

Likewise. Damp rag...2001 2500 QC and looks brand new almost.
Laszlo Almasi
Carolina Watercraft Works wrote:

Do you park outside? Do you have a security system, outdoor lighting, a gun, or a dog? Do you leave the truck unlocked? ;^)
--
Ken

Richard,
I have an '01 Quad 4x4 and my dash cracked pretty bad also...I left it that way until last year when I found a place called Coverlay Manufacturing (I believe their website is www.coverlaymfg.com). Anyway, they make a complete formed cover for your dash. All you do is clean your old dash and apply their supplied silicone-based adhesive and have a second person stand on the other side of the truck and lay this into place. If that's not the right website, let me know and I'll look it up for you on my receipt. You can get these in tan, grey or dark grey. It cost me $119.00 plus shipping, but it looks really good. I even bought a dash cover after that (better late then never) and now it looks great!!