Crap, not again!

Well, front axle U-joints. New Hubs. New brakes. 46K miles.
Seems now the drive shaft U joints are going!
Virtually all my failures are due to non-servicable items, where you
cannot lubricate things. To save a ten cent zerk fitting, I'm spending hundreds of dollars replacing things. This sucks. This will be the third major repair in under 12 months on this truck, which for a 2004 is way too much.
Oh, well at least I have a good lift, and a U-joint press... <sg>
PeterD wrote:

I haven't looked under my truck yet but on many vehicles the zerk fittings were indeed missing and instead a screw plug installed. Easy to remove and install zerk fittings. Any Dodge vehicles done this way?

Good thought, I've lots of fittings... I also wondered if I could just pop them out and grease them manually? (assuming they are not totally toasted already.)
And, once again, the check engine light came on. Easy fix, evap error, and the gas cap felt a bit loose. I cleaned the rubber on the cap, put it back on tight, and cleared the code. So far, so good. But dang, this truck is a constant maintenance hog.
ON my 2004.5 2500 ctd., I replaced the driveshaft (warranty) and the ujoints 3 times. I thought it was an excessive amount of times considering all this before 80k miles

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 15:36:32 +0000 (UTC), "Dimbo Spams"

Yep, excessive. With the $100 deductable on the warranty, I bet it will be cheaper (and much faster/easier) to just do them myself. I'm at 46K miles, would be under 40 but I had to take three trips from New England to Florida in that truck. I'm not a big driver.
One thing I will do is try to get aftermarket joints with grease fittings.