*crickets*

Page 1 of 2
I'm sad, this group seems to have died. Hope everyone who used to hang out here is doing well...
The Dak has surpassed 100k miles and is still running well, and still
makes random unidentified noises :)
I miss y'all!
jmc

R.I.P.
I just figiured everybody followed my lead and bought a Toyota too!
beekeep
On 1/31/2012 5:17 AM, beekeep wrote:

Don (who unfortunately still has two Dodge pickups left)
snipped-for-privacy@radix.net (beekeep) wrote in

Hi folks, I like to read and see what people have to say about any problems/solutions. I don't know how to work on my truck, but I know when something is wrong with it. So far, it's OK. I have a Dodge Ram Quad cab 4x4. I love Dodge trucks. Marina
On 01/31/2012 03:17 AM, beekeep wrote: ...

No way. Toyota trucks looked nice until the late 80s.
They turned ugly when the fenders got that soft swirled ice cream styling.
Now they're just grotesque. Your truck looks lika a potato bug.
On 2/1/2012 10:39 PM, beryl wrote:

My biggest problem with Toyota trucks is the dissolving frames and other parts underneath. Their rust problems ruined a lot of vehicles, and they only responded when forced--and that response was so limited it didn't help the majority of the people who had trucks that were no longer safe to drive.
--
I'm never going to grow up.

On 01/31/2012 03:17 AM, beekeep wrote:

Toyota doors are catching on fire. Wear long sleeves, non-synthetic fiber. Watch out.
beryl wrote:

Got rid of my 2002 Dakota lemon and got a 2011 Dakota, Bighorn, 2 door, 2wd, long bed, 4.7L V8, silver.
It's been almost a year. I haven't had a reason to complain yet.
JAM
On 1/30/2012 6:51 PM, jmc wrote:

Well, if you don't post a problem, what do we have to do? (AKA: it is all your fault!) A possible sub problem is the lack of cookies, but I won't go there.
--
I'm never going to grow up.

Suddenly, without warning, PeterD exclaimed (1/31/2012 7:37 AM):

Well, I could post about the very slight shudder when braking that doesn't actually seem to be the brakes...
Other than that she's running great, and is gonna be pretty thoroughly used as I'm about to move to a little cottage in the country (from a townhouse in the burbs), and will use the Dak and my stock trailer to do it. Should be interesting.
Alas, nobody's gotten cookies out of me in months, possibly as much as a year. Just not been in the mood. I know y'all are disappointed...
jmc

It's just not the same as it used to be. I check in every couple of weeks but I seem to spend most of my spare time shooting IDPA, PPC and various high power and Garand matches. It was fun while it lasted tho.
Denny
Suddenly, without warning, Denny exclaimed (1/31/2012 3:48 PM):

I shoot a bit but don't recognize your acronyms. At least, I assume you're talkin' about guns. Don't do matches, but can hit what I aim at, and have a tiny bit of combat training, so that if someone breaks into my home, I'm not likely to freeze up and hide under the bed. Or if I do, I'll still remember to grab the gun first :)
Being a bit vertically challenged with bitty little hands, all my weapons are undersized, like my fave, a SigSaur P238 Nitro.
jmc

You just had to go there didn't you..... <BG>
Denny

Facebook is having a bad effect on the newsgroups. Some of us have to keep this system alive!
Glad to hear your Dak is still going. Mine is still waiting for me to put the engine back in it!
Ken
On 2/5/2012 2:28 AM, NapalmHeart wrote:

Facebook is not well enough threaded to be a thread, I think the biggest threat to NNTP is web based forums.
--
I'm never going to grow up.

On 2/5/2012 8:33 AM, PeterD wrote:

*threat*... Damn you auto-correct. Oh, wait I typed it wrong myself!
--
I'm never going to grow up.

I still read the posts a few times a week but haven't had any problems with the Dak or Ram to ask about.. I think most of the newsgroups I subscribe to have been thinned by facebook..

Nice to see you still remember English, Mac. How ya been? My 2500 is falling apart. I think I'm going to have to replace the clutch pedal rubber thingy again. Almost 228k miles.
--

FMB
(North Mexico)

Yea, same here, though I haven't found a Facebook group to replace this crowd.
Just had the rear brake system replaced - thoroughly rusted, so England's damage isn't quite done being fixed yet.
The Dak is going to get a bit of a workkout next weekend - I'm moving about 40 minutes away, and using my 10' steel stock trailer to do it.
So, hey, just to keep old tradition going with a wildly off topic thread, what do y'all think about Tommy Jordan - the father who shot up his daughter's laptop?
jmc
"Though liberals do a great deal of talking about hearing other
points of view, it sometimes shocks them to learn that there are