Cruise control for 2007 Dakota with electronic throttle

Subject line says it all. My local dealers service manager says Dodge isn't planning to release a retrofit for the truck but I would really like one on it. Anyone have any ideas, a Google search hasn't been much
help.
thanks

Other than adapting a traditional diaphragm-actuated cruise control, and running the cable through the firewall to the accelerator pedal (so that the cruise "pulls" on the pedal)... no.
On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 02:25:22 -0500, "Tom Lawrence"

OK, inexperience coming into play here, but isn't the entire cruise control part of the ECM? (It is on the GM drive-by-wire, and is on my 2500 HEMI)
With GM vehicles you just add the switches (you may have to use a scan tool to activate it, but I"m not even sure that is necessary.)
I know its available fro www.bought4less.com for the Ram 1500 and the Ram Diesels. They MIGHT have some info on the Dakota
wrote:

the
Just called www.bought4less.com and asked them about the Dakota cruise, they have them for the Dakota 3.7L electronic throttle trucks.