CumminForum.com private?

I've never registered on this website but tried to since I recently bought me a Cummins Ram. It tells me my email addy has been banned and to contact the administrator. I did but no response. Is this website
private by invite only or what? Anyone know the admins there?

Try http://www.dieseltruckresource.com instead. Loads of good info.
FMB (North Mexico)
On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 03:18:52 +0000, FMB wrote:

a little plug for Nathan's forum, inlinediesel.com is a good forum with good guys. (some you may recognize from somewhere else *cof*)
--
Chris
05 CTD

thank you chris. it really is a great group of fellow enthusiasts. http://InlineDiesel.com/forum for more.
--
Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com
On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 15:18:31 -0600, Nathan W. Collier wrote:

anytime man =)
--
Chris
05 CTD

Some places want you to use an email address besides hotmail, yahoo, google, etc.

Miles, I'm a little late getting to this but you might want to check out the TDR. It is a moderated site but I have yet to find one more informative when it comes to Cummins/Dodge info. The other sites mentioned are good, guess you have to find one that fit's your needs.
Here's the addy: www.turbodieselregister.com
Roy
TDR is also a corporate slave, with the main thrust of lining the owners pockets. If its inhabited by the same types thatwere there several years ago, its more "my truck is faster than yours because I'm smarter than you," than it is informative. Still, there may be gems to find among the crap. IOW, its little better than this newsgroup, and the NG is free.
--
Max

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, he is not entitled to his own

Nope, not kidding. I was a member there for several years. At one point, they handed webmaster duties to a guy who hated Dodges and drove a Ford. Sadly, it showed in his attitude towards the members.
One guy got banned from promoting his product, even though people were asking him directly about it. So he had to reply in a manner which didn't answer the question. IIRC, he finally posted that he could discuss things in full on the phone, and left TDR.
There were other instances that made no sense where a member was shown the door for no apparent reason.
Finally, when TDR admins went noisily public about how they had taken the site from its actual founder, and then how they were suing him for starting another site, I discontinued membership.
TDR seemed far more interested in holding its status with Chrysler and promoting its own retail outlet than allowing free exchange of information. Maybe that has changed, but I'm doubting it.
--
Max

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, he is not entitled to his own

Right, but for him to mention things he'd done as personal experience in a post, and then take crap for doing exactly what the site was designed to do seems a bit heavy handed. Either that, or they were exactly as I said, corporate slaves.

I prefer the FSM and experienced people, not websites.
--
Max

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, he is not entitled to his own
Max Dodge wrote:

Many website forums provide a wealth of good information. Currently I like dodgetalk.com and dodgeforum.com.
Unfortunately, most of the problems I encounter don't seem to be things the "average Joe" on a website can solve. This is likely because I've been turning wrenches longer than the "average joe", and when I need info or expertise, I must go to someone with more info than I. Out of all the people I've communicated with online, only three have had that level of knowledge. Each had a particular interest in the vehicle I sought info on. Each individual was either paid professional in his daily life, or a hobbiest who went above and beyond the normal owner.
--
Max

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, he is not entitled to his own
Max Dodge wrote:

I grew up tearing cars apart in my school days. Problem is that much of that isn't relevant to todays vehicles. Gone are the days of solving most engine problems with basic hand tools and a volt meter. On many websites I've found some highly skilled individuals and mechanics. You do have to filter out the non-answers.