Dak pulls to the right

I just bought a used 2003 Dak Quad cab.(25000 miles). It pulled to the right when I test drove it, dealer said he would align it, still pulled to the right. I took it to another shop and they realigned it, it still pulled the right so they checked it again and it still does it. It does not pull any worse when you apply the brakes, it just takes a slight pressure on the steering wheel to keep it from running off the road on the right side. It even does it if you drive on the wrong side of the road where the "crown" of the road should make it pull slightly to the left. Any ideas?? The last shop thought it might be a bad brake caliper, the right side pad seems to be worn a little more than the left. I already checked/greased the caliper slide bolts. Does anyone have any other suggestions? TIA, Tom

Reply to
Tom R

It could still be the caliper. If you are noticing added wear on the right pads, that is a pretty good indication. While greasing the caliper bolts will help it slide better, the problem could be the piston hanging up or possibly (although unlikely) a bad brake hose not fully releasing pressure. I would look further into those brakes on the right side and possibly replace that caliper.

Reply to
TBone

yeah

replace BOTH front calipers AND both front hoses and get on with life

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Do you know if there is any recall or TSB's on the calipers or should I just go to NAPA or somewhere and buy them and replace them myself? Thanks for the quick answer. Tom

Reply to
Tom R

for cryin' out loud................

Both calipers plus both hoses will cost you around 80 bucks

24 and change each for the cal's, and about 16 each for the hoses

throw in a good set of pads and you're still under $ 100

just DO it, fer Chrissakes

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Reply to
Tom R

Before you spend a dime, try swapping the two front tires. Put the left on the right and vice versa. If the pull changes, you know it's the tires.

"Tom R" wrote in news:fo5qe.7614$ snipped-for-privacy@fe03.lga:

Reply to
Joe

Check the right side of the bed to see if Roy and Denny are hiding there.

Reply to
Langerhans

Talk about one sneaking up outa nowhere.........

Besides, there is no way possible that could happen. There is a reason Roy bought a 2500 Cummins.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Sorry. Couldn't help myself. :-D

Reply to
Langerhans

Oh my God you owe me a new monitor. There's Dr. Pepper spewed all over it now. That one came out of nowhere.

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

Hey!!! Another cheap shot artist. Oh well, I'm sure you understand the rules.

Was a good one though.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

WTF is up with that?

They are ganging up and you throw me under the friggin' bus??????? What are ya French?

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Yup, another unwarranted assualt. People just seem to have the need to lash out.

Roy

Reply to
Roy