Dakota 360 RT tranny question

2002 Dakota RT 360 AT 130K miles.

Transmission is smooth in all gears. no slippage or rev-ups between shifts, etc. It kicks into passing gear smothly and actually I can find no other problems .. except ..

It does not want to shift out of first gear.

If you ease the rpm up to around 2000 rpm then back off the accelerator just a tiny bit it will shift but when you press the accelorator back it will backshift back into #1 .

If you rev it on up to around 3000 rpm then back off accelerator just a tiny bit it will shift and stay and shift normally through the remaining gears. Everything is fine until next time you stop.

If you floor it from a standing start, it will go to the rev limiter and never shift out of first until you back off the accelerator pedal (only tried that once).

It acts a bit like excessive throttle pressure, but I have adjusted the cable to the low pressure extreme (cable slack) and it does not cure it.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thaks in advance

"Leroy"

Reply to
Leroy

"Leroy"

Reply to
Leroy

Hey Leroy,

I had a similar problem with my Dodge Durango and I subscribed to ALLDATAdiy.com and it has been very useful. I am handy and like to do things myself and this subscription gives me diagnosis, repair, TBSs, recalls and labor times.

Check it out - I copied the link below for you.

Andy Deil

Reply to
ADdiy55