Dakota A/C problem

I have a 1990 Dakota SE, 4 cyl, 2.5L, 5 sp OD. The A/C gradually quit cooling. It has been retro-fitted for R-134. I picked up a recharge kit at Auto Zone and put in 3 cans of 134. It cooled that night and the next
morning but not since. The pressure reading was pretty low after installing the 3 cans. Is it possible it wasn't enough refrigerant to properly pressurize the system and cool accordingly? Or do I have a leak that's too bad for the stop-leak in the refrigerant to seal up?
TIA,
Karl

Check all the connectors on the AC lines. They will come loose with just regular use and if you do any off-roading it is even more common. Don't overtighten them! Get them good and snug but don't go so far that you damage the nylon and rubber seals.
Ed
Ed M. wrote:

Thanks, Ed! Will check the connections.
Karl

If you do have a leaky connection there is a good possibility that some contaminants have also gotten into the system. It may be a good time to go to an AC shop and evacuate and then recharge the system. Contaminants can and will eventually cause you many problems including possible compressor failure and condensor problems.
Ed