Dakota Balljoint

Back in May, my Firestone dealer replaced the left lower ball joint. Have been noticing some squeaking that appears to be coming from the left front.
When I looked it over, it appears that the boot on that balljoint is loose, there's a gap between the boot and balljoint. Question is, aren't the boots supposed to seal the balljoint
Ed M wrote:

When was the last time it was greased as the grease swell the boot up as it fills. ALso what year is it as there is a recall on Dakota ball joints.
--

www.thesnoman.com