Dakota Bogging down on acceleration or on hills...

My Dakota (1990 V6) keeps bogging down if you don't accelerate extremely slowly. It doesn't like to go more than about 35 unless you are on a slight
downslope, and hills are horrible (semi-trucks pass me).
My first thought was the fuel filter, but changing it didn't change anything (actually, it seemed really great at first for my first two errands, but then after that, it was back to the same old tricks).
My next thought was the fuel pump, but I was instructed to have the catalytic converter tested. I did, and it tested great. So, I'm thinking about changing the fuel pump, but was wondering if there is anything cheaper and easier I should consider before going through the trouble of dropping the gas tank.
Thanks in advance for your help...
magmike
ive seen stopped up exhaust systems give simmular results.
had it happen to me on a 88 comanche
--
-Chris
05 CTD

had a Jeep Cherokee that I had to put a can of injector cleaner in it every month or so; if I didn't it ran like crap.
I did - with no results. Besides, if you need to do that every month, either you're getting really bad gas, or there is another problem that needs to be addressed.