Dakota brakes

02 Dakota 4WD 3.9L, 48,000 mi. auto trans
Front pads are seizing up against the rotors on both sides. Has done this three times but not every time I drive it. After last time I pulled
assembly apart--calipers seemed OK and I cleaned slide surfaces for pads but today it happened again so bad that I started to boil the fluid. Any ideas and suggestions welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Deteriorated rubber lines holding pressure in the caliper?
mowingy wrote:

a bad proportioning valve. If you don't regularly bleed your brakes, this could be the answer.
--
.boB
Arrived: 2006 FXDI, Red.