Dakota Diesel?

Page 3 of 3
I've been waiting also. a diesel in that caliper..whats taking so long for the Dakota..

I heard a year or two ago that VW was planning on introducing a diesel Toureg (or however it's spelled) when the new nationwide low sulfer diesel fuel standard is in effect. But then it's only an SUV.

Doesn't VW already have a V10 diesel in the Toureg? But as far as a diesel Dakota, if it gets 30mpg and has 400 lb/ft of torque, yes go for it!!! That would be an ideal combination.

im with you. why not a diesel in the dakota. heck they already have a small diesel in use that, although i havent looked close at the numbers i would bet would be a good match. what's that 4cyl in the liberty putting out anyways? im betting it would be plenty strong.
--
-Chris
05 CTD

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/Diesel.html WORLD dc diesels
wrote in message ...

Of course, we could all just wait for this guy to show up then max and tbone can be buddies again! :) http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2006/03/06/212475.html
I have thought of putting the little brother to the Dodge Cummings 6BT, the 4 cycl version, 4BT. Without turbo charging it will do over 100hp and I think 300ft/lbs. It is VERY easy to get 250hp and in the 550ft/lbs range with adjustments and turbo. In fact, turbo 4bt's were put in those big walk thur vans(Lay's potatoe chips) with Turbo 400 trannys. I have one. I don't know the mileage they got, but they are very dependable. Case in point mine is a 1978 model, I just got it last year, and it stil runs well!
There are sites that put this engine into Durangos and get up to 30mpg. GOOD Luck with research! The engines were used in skid loaders as well. Most run about 5k for just the engine :(
OH, my thoughts....why use a Dakota or Fronteer type when mileage really doesn't vary. I thought the mileage would go up, but don't believe that now. Performance may increase a tad in the smaller truck. I wanted one for running around. My big truck is a pain to park..