Dakota extended cab rear speaker replacement

Hi All, I previously posted a question on here about replacing the front speakers in my 97 Dakota extended cab. Got some great help and the project went smoothly. Now a rear speaker is making noise so I want to replace them as well. Does anyone have any advice on this project? I can't find anything in Chiltons or Haynes about the rear speakers in an extended cab. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Reply to
Electrician

I didn't do the rear speakers, but I only paid the guy at the place I bought the speakers at, 25 bucks to put them in. sure I was probably just lazy... BUT, as far as I know, you have to take all the plastic trim pieces off, starting from the middle, which I mean there are 3 panels, on the length of the back seats and 2 sides. guess what, it looked like the back one comes off before both sides. Oh and you will need the driver/socket that fits the seatbelt top loop/anchor. not sure, but they had some problems with those push in door panel thingies, I still haven't made it to dodge to get more...

Reply to
PlowBoy