dakota gas fill problems

I replaced the gas filler neck on my 1999 dakota. Now, for some reason I can't pump gas into it without the gas pump nozzel shutting off. The new filler neck is identical to the old one. The only way to get gas in
is to go very slow. What's wrong. Is there a check valve somewhere in the line that I may have broken? Chuck
At the very bottom of the filler tube in the tank there is a ball in the filler tube. It may be jammed or hung up take some stiff rubber hose such as a 5/16 fuel line run it down the filler and see if the float ball is jammed. The ball float usually rides to the top of the tank itself to prevent over filling of the tank.
--
Coasty
SEMPAR PARATUS

Is this only at one gas station or a variety? This is one of those odd problems I have here in the UK - most UK pumps cause this and I have pull the nozzle out a bit to get it to pump correctly (and have to be careful that gas doesn't flow back out!)
I'm starting to learn which local stations don't give me this problem.
Oh, mine's a 2001 Dak.
jmc
No, its happening at all the stations.
Is there not a air breather tube in there too??? There was one on my ford that became disconnected and was causing the same problem in filling. Lorne