Dakota headlight question

I've asked something similar before but I wasn't able to find what I needed with the answers I received.
I need to find some right-hand-drive spec headlights for my 2001 Dakota.
I called the Chrysler here and was told that since Dodge is not produced in this configuration, such an animal doesn't exist. So I'm left with the following questions for the experts here:
1. Is he right? 2. If he is right, is there a headlight for some other make of vehicle that I'd be able to install on the Dodge? Toyota, or other Chrysler non-truck models, or, well anyone? 3. What else can I do to find a headlight with the right spec, or at least determine that what I'm searching for doesn't exist?
jmc
Try here: http://www.danielsternlighting.com/ Dan's one of the foremost experts on vehicular lighting. If he can't answer your question, I doubt anyone can.
Budd

But I know someone who will try.... :)
As if there was ever a doubt?
BG
Budd

Thanks, Bud, I'll check him out.
jmc
Suddenly, without warning, Budd Cochran exclaimed (07-Feb-06 5:56 PM):

You're welcome.
I looked at his site and if you don't see what you need, just email him.
Budd

Suddenly, without warning, Budd Cochran exclaimed (07-Feb-06 5:56 PM):

He was very quick to answer my question. Essentially, I'm screwed. Apparently Dodge makes what we call in my business "proprietary" headlights for the Dakota, with no lefthand driving option. I could try to put in a "universal" headlamp set, but that's probably beyond my nonexistent abilities as a mechanic.
Ah, well.
Thanks for the help, anyway
jmc
Where there's a will, there's a way.
Check with Dan about making a temporary headlight setup with Brit spec bulbs on brackets then bypass the stockers.
--
Budd Cochran

Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23,

Probably. If the Dakotas was not build in a right hand drive configuration then there would be no purpose to build headligts for it.

Probably not in a bolt in way.

Your best bet would be to talk to people over there that have had to deal with this issue and see what they did.

Suddenly, without warning, TBone exclaimed (07-Feb-06 8:53 PM):

Well, of course, but "there" is "here" for me and they just point the lights and sometimes stick tape over bits of them. It hasn't been working well (I can hardly see ahead with lows), which is why I'm looking to replace the lights.
jmc