Dakota heat/AC

The AC on my '96 Dakota sport stopped working due to a leaking core about 2 years ago. I bought some sealer to try but the instructions call for the compressor to be running on full when I put the stuff in.
How can i do this when the compressor won't run due to no pressure in the lines? Also, is there anything else I need to do being it's been out of service for so long? Please respond to email address also. Thanks for any help/advice. Bill
"Billy" wrote:

That fact that the system has been dead for a while and has a bad seal too I woul have the seal repaired and the system evacuated and recharged. It need to be vacumed down anyway becuae it has been "open" for so long it may have air and moisture in it too. No quick fix here sorry.

Accumulator?
Nosey wrote:

He means that since the system's been de-pressurized for so long, and able to absorb moisture, the accumulator, which contains a dessicant to absorb moisture, should also be changed, because it's probably saturated.
Tom Lawrence wrote:

Thanks Tom