Dakota hemi?

Does anyone know if the hemi or diesel will be an option on the Dakota next year?

Reply to
Electrician

With the gas crunch and people starting to look for vehicles with improved economy, I wouldn't count on it.

Reply to
TBone

Most likely not. When they redesigned teh Dak, the platform parted ways with teh Durango, and they managed to design the Dak in such a way that the Hemi would not fit in the engine compartment. (someone needs to be fired) As for the Diesel. They offer them in Brazil if you want to go get one. Since a Diesel Dak would take away from the Ram's sales, they dont do it. Even though reasonable size Diesel in teh Dak would make for a nice truck with great fuel economy.

Reply to
Trey

I had heard rumors that they were holding that off for another year or two. something about a larger displacement possibly 6.3 instead of the 5.7. Don't know if it was true but that's what I heard.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Cooper

The SRT-8 has a concept 6.3ish Hemi in it. If they put that in the Dak, it would make it the most powerful midsized truck idling in traffic! If it includes the cylinder cut off, then it would be more appealing as well. Still want a Diesel though.

Reply to
Trey