Dakota - loss of power and vacuum noise

My '02 Dakota occasionally has a loss of power and I can hear what sounds like a vacuum noise. This usually happens when the engine is cold but not
always. After I drive it for a few miles, the problem goes away. I think I've checked all of the vacuum hoses for leaks but I haven't found any. What am I missing?
Thanks for your suggestions!