Dakota part question

2001 Dodge Dakota SLT, 4.7l,4x4, just shy of 50k miles...

As some of you know, my Dak and I are world travelers. The truck is currently on a boat out of Singapore or somewhere, on it's way to Australia... where we are going doesn't appear to even have a Chrysler dealership, so I'll be on my own for parts...

When I had the UK shop reverse the "conversion" work it'd done on my truck to make it UK legal, they informed me that the switch to the backup lights had died.

I'm back in the US for a couple weeks, with plans to stop at a Dodge dealer for parts. Can anybody tell me what the part number/ actual name is for this switch? Might save me some time.

Also, I probably asked before, but is this part user-replaceable?

Also Also, is there anything else that isn't huge that I should pick up, bits or pieces that are likely to fail or should be replaced in the next couple of years? The truck's been in a high moisture/salt environment, it's now going to a high heat/sand environment. Fortunately, they're a lot more familiar with trucks where I'm going than where I came from, so finding a competent mechanic shouldn't be a problem. Finding the parts, may be.

There's an active 4x4 club at my new workplace...I'm quite looking forward to playing in the sand with my truck :)

jmc

Reply to
jmc

Jodi:

email me with your email addy and I will send you the info you need,,,,,,,, Oz, huh?

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Would be neat if you publish requirements for vehicles for the places you have been and who to deal with when entering those countries.

I guess the UK is a bit different from the rest of Europe. Last time I was in Europe was the late 80s and only change you had to do was removal of your catalytic converter as they were still using leaded gasoline.

I am thinking of taking my 2000 Ram on some trips in the future.

They may not have a Chrysler dealership, but maybe a Daimler-Chrysler dealership to get parts from a Mercedes place.

Reply to
GeekBoy

Suddenly, without warning, GeekBoy exclaimed (5/17/2006 5:08 PM):

Too complex, the rules in the UK at least change sometimes. It's usually no big deal for models that are sold outside the US - like my hubby's Toyota pu. Dakotas are only sold in the US market (including military base sales), AFAIK, so there's more to do.

Again, if you had a vehicle that was also already sold in Europe in some way, may not have needed any conversion.

Not recommended for the north of the UK. Roads are too narrow.

I meant to say Daimler-Chrysler. They do exist in Australia, but not close to where I'll be.

jmc

Reply to
jmc

I would suggest filters, lots !! air, fuel ... Ron

Reply to
Ron

Suddenly, without warning, Mike Simmons exclaimed (5/17/2006 4:22 PM):

Mike: I emailed you same day, but got no response...

jmc

Reply to
jmc