dakota question

I have an 05 dakota 4x4 QC and had a question about something. I was planning on doing some yardwork in the next few days and have a few bushes to take out. I was wondering if it would be ok to dig around them and then
chain them to the truck and where would be the best place to attach them to the truck. Would it damage the truck to pull too hard or can a dakota even handle something like pulling stumps?
thanks for your help
The best bet would be to have a reciever hitch installed, and then use a shackle with the reciever hitch.. If thats not going to happen, I have pulled a few trucks out of messes with a tow strap hooked to one of the frame rails about a foot in from the rear bumper. A friend of mine pulled a tree stump with three motorcycles (dont ask) so I would think a Dakota would do just fine.

Probably depends on the traction you have and the size of the stumps. Make sure you keep everyone clear of the back of the truck while you are pulling. If the stumps flex and the chain slips off or snaps, there could be bodily injury or vehicular damage!
Be glad you do not have a Chevy! I saw a TV commercial where a guy hooked up his chevy to a tree stump. When he pulled on the stump, the whole truck stretched out!
Based on the ad, I would guess that if you try to pull stumps with a chevy the only thing that will happen is you pull your truck apart.

Well, with the cost difference, it could be a lot cheaper to get the standard cab, and just stretch it into a crew cab. My only question though, is how does the middle of the truck stretch, when the rear wheels are doing most the pulling?
one more caution
use a cHAIN, not those web strap deals
I once saw a guy hook two them together, the joint came apart, end of one flew thru the rear window AND the windshield, barely missing his head
he was looking out the back window when it happened, got glass in both eyes (not serious), crapped his pants and pissed himself, tho..........

Make
could
hooked
chevy
though,
doing

It should do it as well as any 1/2 ton pickup.. In my experience though, pulling a stump out is a bitch.. like pulling a tooth out by pulling sideways on it.. Last few we had to do, I slipped a friend $20 to spend a few minutes with his tow truck and that pulled them "up" pretty quickly..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing