Dakota starting problem

I have a 2000 Dakota 4X4 and when I start it on a cold morning, it starts fine, but when I shift into drive or reverse, the engine stalls. Whats going on here?
I will probably take it to the dealers, but I want to know what's going on first. any help please????
thanx
No codes? Could be IAC motor. Remove it, clean it and the chamber, and re-install. I just went through this on my son's 98 Dakota, 5.2L. It was the battery. I bought one of these and put it in as well just to make sure. Top shelf eBay seller too. Stands by with support as well. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Idle-Air-Control-Sensor-Dodge-Dakota-Durango-Ram-IAC_W0QQitemZ280177710999QQihZ018QQcategoryZ33557QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem