Dakota wipers went out

I have a 1990 Dakota SE, 4 cyl, 2.5L, 5 sp OD and the wipers just quit. It pumps washer fluid and the wiper motor SOUNDS like it's running but no wiper action. Has the motor seized up somehow or is there something loose between motor and wipers? Thanks for any helpful input!

Karl

Reply to
KaPOP

There's a plastic bushing that attaches the motor to the linkage, it's worn out. New ones are less than ten bucks at the dealer. For me, the bushings seem to have a 10~15 year life span. If yours is original, you've done well.

Reply to
BigIronRam

Thank you, kind sir, for your response! It sounds like you may have nailed it (since motor is humming and all). Hope I don't sound like an absolute dummy here but I've never dealt with such a problem before so I'll just ask: How do I locate the offending plastic bushing? Behind firewall somewhere? Under wiper arm? Or...?

Karl

Reply to
KaPOP

Just pull the motor, no need to disconnect the wiring, you'll find it's not connected to the linkage. If you look through the cowl you should see the linkage just laying there. .

Reply to
BigIronRam