Dallas

Last Saturday Baylor hospital received permission from the FDA to do a Eyelet Cell transplant. http://www.bhcs.com/MedicalSpecialties/Transplantation/KP_isletcell.htm
Today on the Dallas news they are reporting she is doing fine and is now making insulin on her own, where as she was a die hard type 1. Maybe there's some hope after all.
Sorry if this is old news, I didn't see any headers where this might be the topic.
I got one to say: HELL YEAH!!!!
--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!

This is really cool. I hope it works.
Brent
MoParMaN wrote:

I was very cursorily involved in islet cell transplant research years ago. My understanding is that it's most effective for Type I in pediatric pts:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt stract&list_uids630433
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt stract&list_uids102600&itool=iconabstr
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt stract&list_uids618022&itool=iconnoabstr
PP PP PP PP PP tt tt PP PP PP tt tt PP PP tttttt ttttttt PP PP ii ttt ttt PP ii ii it tt tt tt tt PP iii iii ttt tt
MoParMaN wrote:

here's another one. It looks like the real issue are the long term autoimmune problems-
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt stract&list_uids079269&itool=iconabstr
PP PP PP PP PP tt tt PP PP PP tt tt PP PP tttttt ttttttt PP PP ii ttt ttt PP ii ii it tt tt tt tt PP iii iii ttt tt