DBII -> USB/serial port cable?

Anyone know of a source for one of these to connect a laptop to the DBII port on Dodges? Only place i've found is offering one for $200 - which is
friggin ridiculous.
I don't think the price is ridiculous. Just what interface do you think is compatible on your laptop to this SAE controller port? You not only require a cable, you also need a SAE bus controller card and the software to drive it. Steve

Come on Steve, I want it, the software and some one to do the work for me, like everything else, FOR FREE! <VBFG>

In my experience, it's only absurd if someone else has it cheaper...
I can't see the cable or the software at that price for anyone BUT a pro... They can hopefully do enough work to get a return on their investment, but most folks aren't going to spend $1,200 on getting their codes read in their lifetime.. YMWV
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Do you just want a simple code reader? You can get those for a lot less: http://search.harborfreight.com/cpisearch/web/search.do?keyword=OBD
Or, here's a USB to OBD-II interface for $70: http://tunertools.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ST-420500
You could also get a complete package (hardware/software) for $80 here: http://www.myscantool.com
Amazing technology, that Google is...

Watch out, Tom - people giving serious answers to serious questions on this group are likely to be challenged.
No - I already have a code reader. I was given the softwear I need to connect to my Dodge, but the cable was not available.
Thanks for those two other links - I'll give them a look.

The way I see it, it takes two people to have a pissing contest. If you don't participate, the other guy is just standing there looking rediculous :)

I also found some plans for building your own interface, if you're into the electronics thing. Parts came out to less than $20, if I remember (but that was assuming you already had the stuff to etch a PC board). Too messy for me anymore.
But understand that for OBD-II, it's more than just a cable. It is an actual interface converter, as you need to convert the OBD-II protocol to RS-232. But I agree, $200 is a bit out of line, especially given the price of some of the previously-linked products.