Death wobble

in he last week or so I have noticed a wobble in the front end, the steering shifts from right to left rapidly. usually after hitting a bump, but sometime during breaking. the front end has been repaired (tie rod,
stabilizer, etc.) I remember something about "Luke's link" but could not find the post. will this work on a 2500? I am running 32's but wanted to get 35's next time. this happens at speeds less than 35 mph.
--
Billy
1995 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins

Here ya go: www.lukeslink.com
Roy

Or here: http://www.dtprofab.com/dodge.htm
Laszlo Almasi

Thanks for the links gents. I replaced the bad ball joints on the drivers side and still had a front end shake. Checking tonight showed play in the ball joint end of the track bar. I guess after 161,000 miles I shouldn't be too surprised.
Peace, Tom

I got the Lukes Link installed last night and it's great! What a great difference from before. Thanks again for the reference gents.
Tom
On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 16:16:39 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@bowie-cass-ssac.com wrote:

Think what you want but it is caused by in stabilty in the front axle. If is cause by caster/camber/toe alignment issues and when the right combo is acchieved, oscillation can set it and get quite violent at times. I would also check you front axles pivot pins for tightness given its age and the fact that there is a 1300lb motor on front riding on it too which does not help its lifespan either. You need to find the cause and cure it correctly. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com

Most often the track bar *IS* the cause and the Lukes Link or DT Pro Fab kit *IS* the way to cure it correctly.
--
Ken

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 21:58:50 -0400, "Nosey"

It is the way to put a bandaid on it not cure it. You must treat the cause not the symptoms. Rather than trying to keep a unstable frontend to woobling through tigher linkages, you need to make frontend stable to begin with. WHile it is truw that modern fighter aircraft are made to be dynamically unstable for quicker control input responce, you do not whant a dynaicaly unstable front end on you 4x4. It need to be stabilized on its own and when so stabiled when linkage looseness occusr, the steering gets sloppy, no wobbly. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com
SnoMan wrote:

I understand your point about the importance of correct alignment but I don't think that is going to cure the death-wobble problem. It doesn't matter how good your alignment is, if the track bar is worn out it will still have the wobble.
--
Ken